Why are men the most difficult to shop for?
With Valentines Day, Johnny’s birthday, and our anniversary all within the next few weeks, I’ve been brainstorming. And I think I found some great ideas to honor the hardworking man in my life. Here are a few of my favourite finds for your baby padre, hubby, or daddy. I hope they help!
1. Kiwi Shoe Shine Kit ($12) Put a little spring in his step– or more specifically, in his shiny new shoes. Men don’t have a lot to work with when it comes to accessorizing their outfits, so spruce up his business life and help him put his best foot forward.
2. Creative D100, Bluetooth, Portable Speaker (on sale $40 / reg $80) Change up his workout, or hook his garage/shop up with his favourite sports station or music. It delivers wireless audio from any of your compatible stereo Bluetooth wireless devices, or listen to music from non-wireless MP3 players via the integrated AUX-in port.
3. Mr BBQ Stainless Steel Set ($48) Forget ruining your beautiful kitchen tools, and give him his own manly set! This rustproof, dishwasher safe (glory!), 21-piece grilling tool set has all the accessories he needs for successful grilling: a brush with replaceable head, an oversized 4-in-1 spatula, tongs, fork, basting brush, knife, 4 skewers, 8 corn holders and salt and pepper shaker. All in an aluminum storage case.
4. Personalized Canvas + Leather Toiletry Bag ($40) This rugged canvas dopp kit has genuine leather trim, waterproof lining and ample room to hold all his essential toiletries.Personalize it with his initials.
5. “I’ve Got Mad Dad Skills” Baseball Tee ($40) One of my hubby’s favourite new shirts, this sporty, SlyFox Threads reglan tee’s man-approved and yet equally adorable. (*please note: it comes 1-2 sizes smaller than normal.)
6. Dad’s Remote Caddy ($45) If you’re anything like us, you’re always misplacing the remote (and it always seems to be right before the game’s on.) Well, lose it no more! This faux leather + wooden caddy is just what he needs to keep his TV accessories neat and organized. It has 6 compartments to hold remotes, gadgets and whatever book he’s reading. Plus it spins!
7. Subsidy Shades Sunglasses ($12-$24) Without a purse to keep them in, my hubby’s expensive sunglasses always seem to get away from him. Save some money, and replace your pricey shades with these 100% UVB protected (and awesomely stylish) shades! The best part is, proceeds go to fund adopting families!
8. Manly Moccasin House Shoes (on sale $18 / reg $36) Keep your man’s feet comfy, and tootsies warm. Comfort? Of course. But why not some handsome details, too? A little pop of color, a top panel cut on the diagonal, a sole that lets you step outside… these are men’s slippers for a new generation.
9. A Sports Photobook (sale: 50% off cover books or 30% off other items with code: SWEETSALE, through Feb 10) Does he coach little league? Or did he play sports in high school / college? Make a book of his sports memories, and help him relive the glory days.
10. A Couples Massage Men carry most stress in their neck and shoulders. Bless your man with a romantic couples massage, or take it up a notch and sign up for a couples massage class and learn how to give each other professional(ish) massages.
11. Sushi Making Kit ($24) Does your man enjoy cooking and love sushi? Then this is for him. Have fun creating DIY sushi with this comprehensive kit. Housed in a giftable wooden box, the kit includes (almost) everything you need to make your own sushi: a wooden rice paddle, bamboo scroll, pressboard, sushi knife, mold and base.
12. Men’s Shaving Kit ($25) *not pictured* With unique blends of botanical ingredients and 100 percent pure essential oils, these shave-perfecting formulas are ideal for men with sensitive skin, ingrown hair, razor burn, or tough beards.
13. Ticket Stub Diary ($12) *not pictured* Never forget those front row seats at a Bruce Springsteen concert, or the roar of the crowd when the Red Sox won the World Series. This book comes with clear sleeves that fit a variety of ticket sizes, plus space in the margin to write down your memories from the event. Acid-free pages will preserve your memories; so that one day you can tell your grandkids that you met The Boss.